Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Saturday, Aug. 11, 2012; there are 142 days left in the year.
So I was driving in South Windsor Thursday when I happened across the cat totem on my way back from the Chamber of Commerce’s golf tournament.
What I love most about the cat totem is the ankh necklace that it has on, clearly indicating its membership in some nefarious organization bent on taking over the world, like the Freemasons or the Kardashians. (Note to freemasons - I don’t really believe this. It’s a joke. I can’t say the same for the Kardashians. Indeed, as I write this, my word processor doesn’t show a red line under the word “Kardashian.” This, my friends, is the end of the world as we know it and I don’t feel fine.)
So now I worship the cat totem of South Windsor.
All hail the cat totem of South Windsor!
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Today is Picnic in the Park for the South Windsor Haiti School. It’s at Never’s Park from noon to 5 p.m.
2. I can’t believe I’m typing these words. It’s the last day of summer reading at the South Windsor Public Library. AGH! Last day of summer anything isn’t a good thing.
3. The Audubon Society of Glastonbury will host guided nature walks at Earle Park from 11 a.m to noon, conditions permitting. The cost is $5 (CAS members $3). Reservations are appreciated. To make yours, call 860-633-8402 Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
4. The Ray Allen Basketball ProCamp is today. It’s in Storrs and it costs $150. Have fun, kids.
5. Join the Hybrid Spirits Bike Group this morning at 8:30 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something