Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Tuesday, July 31, 2012; there are 153 days left in the year.
Hey, ever wonder who would win in a fight between Han Solo and Indiana Jones? Yeah, me too. However, my “friends” - if I can really call them that - always make the same two points whenever I pose the question to them, which is about once every two hours.
First, these “friends” say that neither Han Solo, nor Indiana Jones is real. Yeah. OK. Next you’re going to tell me that “Jaws” wasn’t a nature documentary about the dangers of swimming in the ocean lest a 25-foot great white shark devours you whole.
Second, and this is pathetic, people say that Indiana Jones and Han Solo are essentially the same dude. Really? Then how come Indiana Jones isn’t married to Princess Leia? Doy!
My money is on Han. After all, he made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parecs.
Case and closed.
Why no, the Yogurt Siren hasn’t broken up with me yet, why do you ask?
(Ed. Note: with the exception of the last line, this is a re-run from The Granbys Patch published in September 2011.)
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Grandparents Raising Grandchildren support group is today at 10 a.m.
2. Tuesday Night at the Movies at the South Windsor Library: Sunset Boulevard.
3. Children ages 4-8 are invited to join us for a half hour of stories during Come Dream with Us at the South Windsor Public Library.
4. Child/Adult Fun Run in Glastonbury.
5. There’s some art thing going on in Simsbury at 11 a.m. Check it out here.