Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012; there are 135 days left in the year.
In case you missed it, here is a summary of some of the bigger stories from the last week:
A picnic last week raised $6,000 for the South Windsor Haiti School. Awesome.
It’s been a busy summer for Tiffany Caouette, the new principal of Pleasant Valley Elementary School who also got married recently.
Tuesday’s Republican and Democratic senate primary yielded low turnout at the polls, as South Windsor voters mirrored those statewide, with Chris Murphy and Linda McMahon winning the town and their respective races easily.
South Windsor police had two interesting arrests, with one woman being caught shoplifting with her young child, while another man was caught burglarizing a home, taking, among other things, a refrigerator and a typewriter.
Mosquitoes were tested positive for the West Nile virus in South Windsor. Ick.
There was a grand opening/ribbon cutting of GEM Granite and Soapstone. A good time was had by all. Best of luck to the owners.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The South Windsor Farmers’ Market is today at 10 a.m. at the Union School grounds.
2. The Hartford County 4-H Fair is today in Somers.
3. First Congregational Church of South Windsor has Sunday service at 10 a.m.
4. The Avery Street Christian Reformed Church has services at 10:30 a.m.
5. Our Savior Lutheran Church has service at 8:30 a.m. in the sanctuary and the Community Room at 10:15 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something