[Updated Monday, 4:15 p.m.] South Windsor police public information officer Sgt. Scott Custer said that the incident stemmed from an overheated light ballast at Christopher & Banks. The person who allegedly suffered from chest pains refused treatment at the scene, Custer said.
[Original story] Emergency personnel are responding to an incident at The Promenade Shops Evergreen Walk this afternoon.
According to a breaking news alert, a person at the site complained of chest pains and there were reports of unknown fumes in a building, possibly from construction equipment.
The allert said that Ambulance Service of Manchester was on the scene, though there were "zero readings" for noxious gases.
A spokesperson for Evergreen Walk did not have any information at this time.
Check back with South Windsor Patch for any additional details.