Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Monday, Aug. 20, 2012; there are 134 days left in the year.
Look, when I was in The Granbys, I begged Adele to get a boyfriend - my enjoyment of her music notwithstanding. There’s only so many ways we can hear a woman’s heart break through the majesty of song.
Well, now I’m hearing the same calls for Taylor Swift to stop writing songs about her exes. You know what? Leave my little darlin’ alone. You break Taylor Swift’s heart, you break all of our hearts. Plus her songs are so dang catchy. And she’s just a li’l angel with unicorn wings. I don’t know what unicorn wings are, but I’m pretty sure they are made of rainbows.
So leave Taylor Swift alone! (If you could see me say this, think of that guy(?!) screaming about leaving Britney Spears alone). Taylor’s been through enough. And if she wants to sing about all the dudes that done her wrong, then let the li’l baby harp seal look-alike sing about the dudes that done her wrong.
Why you gotta be so mean?
(Standard South Windsor Patch Disclaimer regarding Taylor Swift: There is absolutely nothing creepy at all to have a crush on a woman 20 years my junior. Nope. Nothing creepy at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.)
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The Central Connecticut Chapter of Breastfeeding USA will meet at 7:30 p.m. All women are welcome to attend. Call or email for the meeting location. For more information, contact Carol Delaney at 860-644-4109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The South Windsor Patriotic Commission is scheduled to meet today at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. The commission coordinates the annual Memorial Day parade and ceremonies, in addition to raising money for the creation of a dedicated brick Veterans Memorial Park monument walk.
3. Drop in the Wood Memorial Library today from 10 a.m. to noon to join the quilters upstairs at the library. New quilters are always welcome!
4. The Senior Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) provides professional, confidential, and free counseling and coaching for those starting a business or whose business is facing challenges. SCORE is an organization of retired senior executives from major corporations around the world. Call the Chamber of Commerce at 860-644-9442 to schedule a confidential, free, one‐hour session.
5. Villari’s Martial Arts Center of Windsor is announcing the expansion of their Little Dragons Program! The Little Dragons program is designed specifically for 3 and 4 year old children.