Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Monday, Jan. 21, 2013; there are 344 days left in the year.
So there’s this Bruno Mars song that has the lyric, “I think I wanna marry you.”
Hey, far be it from me to tell Bruno what to do, but based on personal experience, you probably want to be sure that you want to marry someone. Just having an idea - no matter how good a feeling you have - simply isn’t enough.
I mean, you save that kind of speech for stuff like, “I think I want to order pizza” or “I think I want a temporary tattoo of Britney Spears’ face on the small of my back.” (Both of which are, in my case, sadly true.)
You shouldn’t have any qualifiers about whether you are going to spend the rest of your life with someone.
Seriously, I was dang sure that I wanted to marry my wife. But there are days when I wonder what the what was I thinking? Which brings me to the lyric in that Bruno Mars song that says, “We’re looking for something dumb to do...”
(I love you honey! … Honey?)
Anyway, here’s your Daily 5:
1. Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Check out what’s open and what’s closed here.
2. “A Lincoln Portrait -The Man who Painted Lincoln" (George Henry Story) will be on exhibit at Wood Memorial Library and Museum opening Friday, Jan. 18 and continuing through Feb. 28.
3. Yoga 4 Aches and Pains is today at 4:30 p.m.
4. The Town Council will not meet on its regularly scheduled day. It will meet on Tuesday, Jan 22 at 7 p.m.
5. Gentle Yoga Kripalu style at 6 p.m.