Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012; there are 114 days left in the year.
Hey, have you ever felt too attractive? Are you like me and said, “Man, I am just toooooo good looking”?
If so, I know of something that will knock you down a peg or six.
If you want to be humbled, just go into a bathroom with fluorescent lighting and look in the mirror.
I did this the other day while at the Town Council meeting at Town Hall while the good people on the council were in executive session.
What I saw wasn’t pretty. Actually, it was the opposite of pretty. I was dismayed to find, for example, that, while my hair is thinning on the top of my head, the rest of my face evidently is fertile follicle ground.
For example, I discovered that I am growing dreadlocks out of my ears and my nose.
It was then that I realized the ultimate indignity. I am not turning into Sasquatch, but something far worse and even more terrifying.
I’m becoming my Dad. I mean, the guy had to shave his ears. Daily. No lie, his lobes got 5 o’clock shadow. And this is what I have to look forward to.
While I look for tweezers and a good therapist, here’s your Daily 5:
1. The Wapping Fair opens tonight! YAY!!!!! Be there at 6 p.m.
2. The South Windsor Town Council will have an emergency meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. to discuss possibly adding a sixth referendum question concerning the Community Center expansion.
3. Drop in any Monday or Thursday morning from 10 a.m. to noon to join the quilters upstairs at the library.
4. The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer informational meeting is tonight in Rocky Hill at 6 p.m.
5. The South Windsor Community Band rehearses tonight at 6:30 p.m.