Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012; there are 117 days left in the year.
People (OK, technically, one person) have asked me how I manage to communicate with the teens when I cover something at a high school.
Well, I have a secret weapon: Mansfield-Storrs Local Editor Elyssa Millspaugh.
Millspaugh is 14 years old (Ed. Correction - she’s 24), and is in high school (Ed. Correction: she’s a UConn graduate who has worked at Patch for a year and is a talented journalist.)
Anyhoo, she is my translator when I go into the high schools to talk to the kids.
So the following sentence...
ZOMG! The Biebs is adorbs, totes mcgoats! And his latest single is amazeballs!
Is translated thusly by Elyssa...
The recording artist Justin Bieber is a handsome fellow, indeed. The most recent song that he released is not unpleasant to mine ears.
Seriously, without Elyssa, I’d be lost. Thanks Elyssa. Totes mcgoats! ZOMG!
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The South Windsor Redevelopment Agency and the IWA/CC meetings scheduled for tonight have been canceled.
2. The South Windsor Police Services offers a free child safety seat check every Wednesday morning at the South Windsor Fire Headquarters on Ellington Road at 8 a.m.
3. The Willow Brook Golf Course junior golf league is today.
4. Kids with Incredible Potential - children with ADHD - is today, open to all parents/caregivers.
5. Dance Kraze Dance Studio Open House registration in East Windsor is today.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something