Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012; there are 131 days left in the year.
OK, I feel like I owe the good people of South Windsor, East Windsor and Windsor an apology. If you came in contact with me yesterday and I was carrying my computer bag, I am SO sorry.
The Yogurt Siren has a female cat that allegedly cannot be spayed because she has a heart condition (the cat, not the Yogurt Siren). As such, she (the cat, not the Yogurt Siren) marks her turf when she goes into heat. She, uh, pees on stuff (again, the cat, not the Yogurt Siren). Anyhoo, the other day, the little furry monster (once more for the record, the cat, not the Yogurt Siren) decided that my computer bag was her turf.
I don’t mean to gross anyone out, but you ever smell cat pee? If not, it’s what the third circle of Hell smells like. Or, if you are searching for a different metaphor, take a look at Charlie Sheen and imagine what he smells like. Yeah. That bad.
I had no idea how bad the situation was until I sat in the South Windsor registrars of voters offices last night while waiting for the judge of probate results. Long story short, I was told that I could stay, but my bag could not.
I had no idea until that moment that I must have offended everyone within a 20-foot radius of my computer bag all day.
My sincere apologies.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The South Windsor Police Services offers a free child safety seat check every Wednesday morning at the South Windsor Fire Headquarters on Ellington Road at 8 a.m.
2. The Willow Brook Golf Course junior golf league is today.
3. The South Windsor Economic Development Commission meets tonight at 7:30 p.m.
4. The South Windsor High football team practices today from 1:30 to 5 p.m. Go Bobcats!
5. Outdoor Picnic Storytimes for all ages will be held at the Mary Cheney Library Building, 586 Main St. in Manchester at 11:30 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something