Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Wednesday, July 25, 2012; there are 159 days left in the year.
OK, if you are wondering why I have purple nail polish on my toes, it’s because the Yogurt Siren has a 9-year-old girl who thinks such a thing is absolutely appropriate for a manly guy such as myself. Plus, what self-respecting dude would go out in public with open-toe shoes without having his nails painted lavender?
Sigh. On more than one occasion, I’ve had to explain away the purple polish - which also adorned my fingernails at one point - during interviews. One of my first conversations with a town official was with Kevin Cooney, the new South Windsor Volunteer Fire Chief. I was wondering why he kept looking down at my feet until it finally dawned on me.
We all have to make sacrifices. I mean, sure, the 9-year-old likes to paint my toenails, but there are perks as well. Specifically, the literature. Check out the photo of the book I’m holding. I love the Tay Tay. (Standard South Windsor Patch Disclaimer regarding Taylor Swift: There is absolutely nothing creepy at all to have a crush on a woman 20 years my junior. Nope. Nothing creepy at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.)
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. 1. The South Windsor Police Services offers a free child safety seat check every Wednesday morning at the South Windsor Fire Headquaters on Ellington Road at 8 a.m.
2. The Willow Brook Golf Course junior golf league is today.
3. The South Windsor Public Library has a program to that explains how ballet tells a story. Children ages 5 and up will learn about barre training and pointe shoes. Members of Dance Progressions School of Dance and Performing Arts will then present some dances from the Sleeping Beauty ballet.
4. The South Windsor Economic Development Commission meets tonight at 7:30 p.m.
5. The library will be showing Dreamer, a PG-rated movie starring Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning as a horse trainer and his inspiring young daughter.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something