[Updated 10:10 a.m.] Fire Chief Kevin Cooney said that the fire department has left the scene.
Cooney said that several rooftop units were not working properly as a result of the large amount of snow. A contractor was on the scene along with the gas company to fix the issue, Cooney said.
Cooney still did not have a timeframe for when the businesses would reopen.
[Original Story] Several Buckland Road businesses have been temporarily closed by the South Windsor Volunteer Fire Department, which responded to a gas leak at that location.
Fire Chief Kevin Cooney said that Yankee Gas could not locate the source of the leak and shut off the gas to the building located at 70 Buckland Road, which houses Plato’s Closet, Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal and a Verizon store.
Cooney said that the fire department was still at the scene and he could not determine when the businesses would reopen.