Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012; there are 146 days left in the year.
Here’s a ringing endorsement of the Yogurt Siren’s cooking from her 7-year-old son:
“Nothing tastes good, but we eat it anyway.”
Funny, yes. But not accurate. Everything she makes is delicious, the palate of a little boy notwithstanding.
Everything, that is, except for the gluten-free brownies.
Y’all ever eat anything gluten-free? Mostly the stuff is OK - certainly not objectionable - just a bit mealy. Except, as I said, for the gluten-free brownies. Which taste like dirt. Ancient, disgusting dirt. That’s been walked on by an army of people with athlete’s foot.
I was introduced to gluten-free brownies several months ago, when I saw a batch sitting on the Yogurt Siren’s stove.
“You may not like them,” the Yogurt Siren admonished.
Pshaw. How can brownies taste anything other than delicious, I thought. Well, one mouthful of gluten-free brownies was enough for me to 1. not eat again for the rest of the night; 2. find out that it’s entirely possible for brownies to taste awful if they are without gluten.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Mother Goose Children's Center offers Club Jump Bunch Tuesday mornings through Aug. 14. Call 860-644-9568 for more information.
2. The women’s 9-hole golf league is today at Willow Brook Golf Course. There are three playing times in the morning, afternoon and evening.
3. Learn all about constellations at this program at the South Windsor Public Library presented by the Connecticut Audubon Society at 2 p.m.
4. Come Dream with Us! for kids ages 4 to 8 at the South Windsor Public Library is today at 6 p.m.
5. The South Windsor Water Pollution Control Authority meets tonight at 7 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something