Let's face it. Children can be some of the pickiest eaters on the planet. Just when you think you know what they like; suddenly it's no longer their favorite food.
We love fresh bagels because they please palates of all ages. And, there's always a topping that can be added to please even the most selective in the family.
Customization usually always works! Here are a few variations on bagel toppings:
- Peanut butter with banana or strawberry slices
- Cinnamon sugar sprinkled on cream cheese
- Mini chocolate or peanut butter chips on cream cheese or peanut butter
- Shredded cheese with a few green or black sliced olives, melted
- Crumble bacon pieces with a few sliced scallions on cream cheese
Imagination is key and kids have plenty of it. Get them involved by having them come up with a special topping to cultivate an early interest in food creation.