Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Sunday, July 8, 2012; there are 176 days left in the year.
I know we are still in the “get to know you” phase. So here’s a little tidbit if you ever see me out and about.
There are four things - the Four Unmentionables - that I absolutely will not eat: yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
I’ve tackled all four previously in The Granbys, but today I shall re-tackle yogurt, a.k.a. Bateria Soup. You can find my original take-down here.
On top of that, know this. Yogurt is a word that sounds exactly like what it is. Nasty.
Indeed, few words are so perfect in their perfection. Phlegm is one such word. Mucus is another. Yogurt is a third. Yo-gert. Pretty sure mucus and phlegm are made of yogurt. Just saying.
The Yogurt Siren always chimes in when she digs into the primordial, fermented goo that “It’s soooooo good for you.” Yeah. We know better, don’t we?
Look, the only time I ever want to hear “yogurt” is when Sylvester Stallone is calling out to a woman named Gertrude.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The South Windsor Historical Society’s Farmers’ Market opens today! Yay!
2. Check out the Channel 3 Kids Camp Ride in Ellington presented by Trantolo & Trantolo. The 2012 ride is led by Grand Marshal Kevin Hogan of WFSB and members of the Channel 3 Eyewitness News Team. The ride begins at TSI Harley Davidson in Ellington and ends at Sun Valley Resort in Stafford Springs.
3. There is Sunday service at the First Congregational Church of South Windsor at 10 a.m.
4. Sunday service for St. Peter’s Episcopal Church starts at 9 a.m.
5. Our Savior Lutheran Church service begins at 8:30 a.m. in the sanctuary.