Good morning, South Windsor! Today is Monday, July 16, 2012; there are 168 days left in the year.
Diet Day 2. I ate the yogurt. See the attached photo.
If it looked painful, it’s because it was. Probably far worse than I was making it out to be.
But I ate much better than I normally do these past couple of days.
“Eating healthy is matter of coordination - planning and preparation,” The Yogurt Siren mused. “You’ve got to be thinking about it at the store. Plus, healthy food tastes good.”
I think she then went on and on about something, but I was too busy fantasizing about what my granola cereal would taste like with a bunch of bacon and Cheez Whiz on top of it.
We later went to a farmers’ market to buy the healthy stuff. I was psyched right up to the point when the Yogurt Siren made this proclamation:
“The only thing you aren’t allowed to buy is donuts.”
This is the worst.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The Town of South Windsor is sponsoring its annual Performing Arts Summer Project musical production for youth ages 8-17 from July 16-27 at South Windsor High School.
2. The Senior Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) provides professional, confidential, and free counseling and coaching for those starting a business or whose business is facing challenges. SCORE is an organization of retired senior executives from major corporations around the world.
3. Drop in any Monday or Thursday morning from 10 a.m. to noon to join the quilters upstairs at the library.
4. Water Aerobics for seniors will once again be offered at Veterans Memorial Pool with Dee Abrams on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m.
5. The Town Council is scheduled to meet today at 7 p.m.